LASERS FOR THE MEDICAL INDUSTRY
For specialized applications in the medical sector, Z-LASER primarily develops customer-specific lasers, which are offered as OEM components. We fulfill your individual specifications (performance, wavelength, optics, etc.) as well as special casing needs. Depending on your requirements, the lasers can be used both in the processing industry under harsh environmental conditions, as well as in highly sensitive medical devices.
We have already developed individual solutions for well-known international medical device manufacturers. In surgery, we ensure radiology imaging techniques such as x-rays or nuclear magnetic resonance tomographs are equipped with lasers to facilitate correct positioning of patients. This can be a decisive factor in the quality of recordings generated. These specialized lasers are also used in mobile x-ray machines.
In addition, particle counters equipped with lasers are sensitive enough to measure the level of contamination in the air. Speak to our knowledgeable sales team about your application, we have the right lasers for the medical industry.
Laser class 1 laser modules are typically used for the precise positioning of patients in x-ray or nuclear magnetic resonance tomographs. Z-LASER manufactures specially developed laser modules for the tomographs of well-known manufacturers.
- Eye-safe lasers (Class 1M)
- Built to withstand electromagnetic fields and vibrations
- Precise positioning of the patient
- Higher patient throughput due to fewer repetitions needed
The system projects a laser cross and a measuring scale from two different angles onto the patient. The scale is displayed by means of a laser and special optics, which we developed specially for irradiation systems. In this way, the exact distance between the patient and the irradiation source can be determined and the source precisely adjusted to the patient.
- Easy-to-read measuring scale with precise dimensional accuracy
- Eye safety
- Compliance with relevant quality standards for medical devices
- Precise positioning of both the patient and the radiation source
- Error prevention during application
- Better treatment success
In the treatment of soft tissue in the cosmetics and dermatology fields, lasers of various wavelengths–from green to infrared, and with a power spectrum of up to half a watt are used. Z-LASER manufactures laser sources that match specific applications, including fiber-coupled solutions.
- Compliance with relevant quality standards for surgical instruments
- Quick and cost-effective implementation of your requirements
- Long-term availability of your custom laser solution
- Customer-specific solutions are the ultimate competitive advantage
- Shorter time to market
- Support for device certification thanks to consistent compliance with required quality standards
In mobile X-ray machines, a laser cross, also known as a C-arc, provides a visual depiction of the X-ray beam’s axis, thus marking the X-ray point precisely. This kind of accuracy eliminates financial losses, and the patient also benefits from the minimization of radiation.
Z-LASER develops integrated and retrofit solutions for x-ray system manufacturers. Depending on the application, lasers are either integrated into the image intensifier or the X-ray source part.
- Eye-Safe Lasers (Class 1M)
- High robustness against electromagnetic fields
- Resistance to impacts, dust and moisture
- Simple, quick positioning of the C-arm
- Lower radiation exposure for the patient
The use of lasers in surgery offers many advantages. Z-LASER manufactures pilot lasers for surgical instruments that work in the invisible IR range. Particularly in the case of long beam deflection systems, good focusing and circularity of the pilot laser is required (see illustration).
Fiber-coupled lasers are increasingly used in the industry (typically 100 or 200μ multimode fibers). These are characterized by high flexibility and an extremely good beam profile.
- Compact design
- Precise projections
- Flexible light guide (fiber)
- No heat generated
- Precise positioning and display of the working position / interface
- Quick and easy handling for more efficient operation
For questions about a project or any of our products, please feel free to contact our friendly consultants.